Thursday, August 16, 2012

Being a stay at home mom... minus the baby

I'm finding it harder and harder to keep myself busy during the day while Blake is at work. We've never really been apart for longer than a few hours while we were in class so this is a difficult transition. Me being pregnant is probably making it even worse too haha, I know, I'm a big baby!

I've washed all of the baby things and cleaned our temporary apartment a few times. Grocery shopping is pretty exciting... sadly. I have to wait until Blake gets paid to go shopping for more baby things so in a couple weeks I will be able to keep myself more busy, but it's hard to wait!

My doctor's appointment went well this week, it had been about 8 weeks since I had been to the doctor because of graduation and vacationing in Kansas for a couple weeks so I was worried I would have some sort of problems but everything is good! The only thing I am concerned about is the fact that I have already gained about 35 pounds and have the appetite of a teenage boy! Still waiting for the whole "your stomach will be so squished from the baby you will have to eat like a bird" thing to take effect... haha. My doctor isn't concerned about it since I started out pretty thin, but goodness knows I am concerned! I'm worried I'm going to be stuck with all this weight after he is born and not be able to fit into any of my pants! But mainly I'm worried because my doctor said the more weight I gain, the bigger my baby will get! Ummm yeah probably not the best thing to tell a girl who is already freaking out about labor haha but it's definitely motivated me to start watching what I eat more. If you have any advice I would love to hear it :)

I started doing prenatal yoga to help with my confidence issues since I'm not feeling all that attractive at this point. My main issue is that my face is so swollen, and I can't hide my face lol. I know I'm complaining a lot but I figure if you don't want to hear my complaining you don't have to read :)

Good news is that Brayden is healthy as ever and still kicking the crap out of my belly! I love how active he is, I already think he is the most adorable little boy ever. I've also heard he's supposed to slow down his movements around now but that's definitely not happening haha at least not yet. I'm glad that he moves so much though because then I know he's okay, and as a first time mom I'm always paranoid.

Blake LOVES his job and everyone that he works with. He is in charge of deploying updates for SharePoint and hiring contracted workers in their department. Pretty crazy that he will be hiring people! His boss sees a lot of potential in him and is impressed with his work so far :) I'm so glad that he loves his job!

Let me know if you have any suggestions for good books to read! I'm starting Pride and Prejudice today but I'm going to want more books on the list to read after!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda you are too cute! I am also so worried about having a big baby! I had an ultrasound appointment last week and they measured the baby and told me he already weighs 2 pounds and is in the 65th percentile.... hahaha I feel like I am going to have a 10 pound baby by the end, so I definitely know how you feel. I have had a hard time getting protein lately and my sister recommended almonds as a snack! I have been eating them with dried cranberries and apple slices and I feel like that is a pretty decent snack? And since I want to eat all the time, it's super easy to grab them and go! I don't know that helps at all or what sounds good to you, but I thought I would see! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does help, thanks!! I'll have to try that :) Haha I want to have another ultrasound before he's born just so they can measure him and see what percentile he's in and how much he weighs, just so I can prepare myself, lol. I'm sure your little guy won't be ten pounds! Gosh, can you imagine that? I'd say to do a C-Section if my baby was that big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys are doing awesome! And don't worry too much about having a "big" baby. Your body was made to handle whatever size the baby will be :) I've read some good books, like Matched, The Uglies series, Hunger Games of course, my sisters-in-laws loved The Maze Runner. Also Michael Vey was really good!! Don't stress too much about the weight gain...that's what happens sadly haha. We women go through a lot!! Breastfeeding after the baby is born will help knock off a bunch of pounds, then of course exercising when you're healed (I didn't exercise until Zaden was like 3 months old haha, so sad) The last month I hear the baby gains the most weight, like half a pound a week or something? I could totally be wrong lol. And if you've gained a lot of water weight, that's what will come off first! Yipee! I didn't realize how puffy my face got the last weeks of pregnancy until I saw pictures bahaha. I was like I look like a balloon! But you'll be fine :) Good luck to you guys! Hope all continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete