Monday, August 13, 2012

Beginning Chapter 2

So I said I wouldn't start a blog... and then my husband went to work full time and before the baby comes I basically have nothing to do so I figured I would blab on about everything that's going on in my life and whoever wants to read it can! Haha.

We moved to Redmond a week ago today and we love it! It's just outside of Seattle and really close to Bellevue, which is also a pretty big city. We moved here because Blake got a job with Microsoft on the SharePoint team (if you know what that is) and we decided it was way too good of an offer to turn down. We are incredibly blessed to be able to live in such a great area with a great job and a sweet baby on the way, things just have seemed to stack up in our favor lately and we are very grateful. I'm sure that challenges will come soon with the baby, but for now everything is going pretty perfectly :)

Majority of last week we spent looking for an apartment, which was quite the task! The cost of living in Washington is VERY high, especially coming from Rexburg, Idaho haha. We ended up finding a perfect apartment complex located literally across the street from where I will be delivering our little boy and having all my appointments before he comes! So I figure if I go into labor while Blake is at work I can walk over if I had to, which gives me peace of mind.




 Here is what our apartment complex looks like, you can see my hospital at the very back.
 Our kitchen will look identical to this one, with different decorations :)
 This is a picture of the model, so none of these decorations will come with this apartment but we have the exact same floorplan as the model. The angle of this picture makes it look pretty crowded but it's pretty spacious :)
 This is a picture of the indoor hot tub mainly with the pool in the back.
 Half court basketball, Blake is pretty excited about this.
 Here's a picture of the indoor pool, which I am VERY excited to use! 


We are in Microsoft corporate housing for the first month, but after that we are going to be moving here into their 3 bedroom floor-plan, I can hardly wait! It's just shy of 1400 square feet and has a nice balcony and full sized laundry room so we don't have to do our laundry in our kitchen anymore! Haha! These apartments are located in the Highlands, where there are lots of other Mormons and Microsoft workers. We will be moving in most likely on the 3rd of September, so I will be full term, but luckily Microsoft is moving us into our apartment which makes it a lot easier. I'm sure I will be spending most of my days before the baby comes unpacking things out of boxes and organizing, which I am perfectly fine with!

Today is Blake's first day of work and I went to visit him during his lunch break on the Microsoft campus, it was so cool! They had tons of different places you could eat at in the food court and stores you could shop at. Also, wherever you go there are huge refrigerators full of free drinks, basically any drink you could imagine! They have random Xbox and Kinect stations set up so you can play games during your break. It's like a techie's dream come true, Blake had a huge grin on his face the whole time I was there haha. He is enjoying himself so far :)

Pregnancy Update: I will be 34 weeks tomorrow, crazy that it's only 3 more weeks until I am full term! I felt like it would never come haha! I am feeling pretty good and huge, like really huge. I have had a problem with water weight, my mom had the same problem, but I'm getting bigger than I normally would and there's not much I can do about it. Since I've had this water weight issue, my swelling has been worse than the average pregnancy also, especially in my legs, feet, arms and face. It stinks because usually pregnant women don't feel super attractive anyways, but the swelling is just making it worse :-/ that's my only real complaint though. Other than the swelling I feel pretty darn good! Definitely excited for our little guy to be born though :) 

Well, that's about it for now! Let's see if I can actually keep up with blogging! 


2 comments:

  1. Amanda I'm so proud of you!! I'm happy that you and Blake found a great place to live...the baby will love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always glad to find a new blog to follow : ) Enjoy your free time and as much sleep as you can before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete