Wednesday, August 29, 2012

27 days to go!

I had my 36 week appointment today and found out some good things! 

1) I am not dialated at all, so baby shouldn't be here until after the move (good news for me).

2) He is about 5 to 5 1/2 pounds right now, so since they gain about a 1/2 pound a week from here on out, he should be 7 to 7 1/2 pounds at birth! I think I can manage that. 

3) I've only gained 4 pounds in the last 3 weeks since I've started watching what I eat more and trying to exercise. 

4) I talked to the financial adviser at the hospital and found out our insurance covers 100% of the delivery (ceserean or vaginal), circumcision, and everything else associated with giving birth, which is a HUGE blessing. 

Overall a pretty good appointment I would say :) I am very happy about it! Also, when the doctor was feeling around to guess his size, he kicked her REALLY hard and it made her jump. Of course I'm used to feeling my little ninja in there, but it was pretty funny. He likes to show off his kicking skills. 

We move a week from today. HALLELUJAH! I don't think I could stand this temporary housing crap anymore. Don't get me wrong, we are very happy we didn't have to pay for a month of rent and got to save up for the baby instead, but it is very small and very humid. I just want to get into our permanent apartment so I don't have to stress about where the baby is born anymore and so I can NEST. 

Where we are moving (Issaquah) is actually where Costco headquarters is so we bought a Costco membership on Saturday and are pretty dang excited about it!

We had the birth center tour on Friday and our tour guide was a crazy old lady so she made it pretty entertaining. She was in her upper 50's and was wearing a short dress that a teenager would wear and when she bent over to show us how the pull-out bed worked for the husbands, I saw her bright neon undies. I was a little disturbed, but it was funny. Anyways, the delivery rooms are awesome, I'm pretty excited to give birth actually just so I can be in the cool rooms haha. 


 Here is a picture of one of the birthing rooms.
 The Hospital bed.
My personal favorite feature, the jacuzzi. 
 
The tour helped calm some of my nerves, so I'm really glad we took it. After the tour we went and got Red Robin and stuffed our faces, it was great.

The countdown begins: 27 days!!

5 comments:

  1. very nice birthing room...I like it a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super nice birthing room! Mine was prob half that size haha. And you will LOVE having that big tub when you're in labor. It was a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you're moving to Issaquah? I'm living about 15 minutes away from there, in North Bend. We should hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's not far at all, yes we should!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Costco it will save you TONS on diapers. I wish I had one near by when we had Emma. Thankfully this time around we have one! Good luck with moving I know how ya feel...We moved 2 days before I had Kellen and it was so stressful!

    ReplyDelete