Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Waiting on baby Brayden...

So I'm officially 40 weeks... it actually isn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I had my 40 week appointment this morning and I am still not dilated at all :( Kind of depressing, but it doesn't really mean anything. My sister and mom didn't dilate until they went into full on labor so I hope that's how I am too. Next week we will see how baby is doing and if everything is fine they will let me go until 42 weeks and then induce me then. She told me I could get induced earlier if I wanted to but I'd like for him to be able to come on his own naturally, but we'll see!

She told me today at my appointment that right now I have an "unfavorable cervix" and I about died laughing. It reminded me of Baby Mama when the doctor tells Tina Fey "I just DON'T like your uterus." If I still have an unfavorable cervix before the induction I will probably not be laughing since that means my chance of having a c-section is much higher, but it's out of my control at this point so might as well just accept everything that's happening and realize that this sweet baby has a schedule of his own.

My mom gets here tonight and we are so excited to have her! Blake's family will come the 9th of October and we are looking forward to them visiting as well. We have never been able to have our parents visit us in our own apartment so we have been trying to get it all ready. I still need to upload pictures of our apartment but I've been slacking, maybe this week I will get them up!

Anyways, I will keep everyone updated through Facebook, hopefully we can get this little guy here before the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment